October 10, 2021
GN4-3-WP5 Trust & Identity
Trust & identity Mentorship Programme
Join the work of T&I incubator with your young professionals
TIM (Trust and Identity Incubator Mentorship) Programme is a GÉANT project initiative that brings together ambitious young minds and subject matters experts to pioneer and prototype new ideas in the Trust and Identity field.
TIM is a collaboration between subject experts (content mentors of the T&I Incubator task), NRENs (home mentors) and young professionals across Europe ((participants) and GLAD. The overall aim of the program it to contribute to a viable and sustainable pipeline of T&I products and services for the GÉANT project and ultimately for the European NREN community.
Nominated by their home NREN, participants are integrated into the work of the T&I incubator right from the start. They collaborate directly with the Incubator content mentors on the topics provided by the incubator and by participating NRENs. On this journey young professionals are mentored by the Incubator experts as well as by their home NREN. GLAD provides additional support through training opportunities both for young professionals as well as for the NREN mentors. Finally all participants are expected to present their work at an international event or conference as advised by TIM.
TIM takes place in the form of a paid internship/work placement where the participating NRENs and young professionals get reimbursed for the time dedicated to the T&I Incubator. The process of reimbursements is defined by the financial rules of GÉANT 4-3 project.
The expected duration of each TIM programme cycle is 6 months.
(student CV’s, motivation letters,
|1st||28 Jun 2019||15 Oct 2019||12 Nov 2019||May 2019|
|2nd||15 Apr 2020||15 Jun 2020||30 Jun 2020||Dec 2020|
|3rd||14 Sep 2020||22 Feb 2021||05 Mar 2021||Sep 2021|
|4th||21 Jun 2021||05 Sep 2021||10 Oct 2021||Apr 2022|
What is in it for the young professionals?
TIM offers participants a fantastic opportunity to join the development of cutting edge solutions in Trust & Identity on a pan European scale. It is a unique learning and professional development opportunity that includes:
- a paid professional internship (which may be combined with thesis writing)
- Working in an international team with networking opportunities with the wide range of experts in Trust and Identity and NRENs
- training and skills development in the fields of public speaking and agile software development
Participant requirements are:
- Final year Bachelors, Masters or PhD level students in the fields of Computer Science, Engineering or other technology related fields and interest in Trust and Identity
- 6 months availability with an approximate workload of 3 days per week
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- All participants must be nominated by a GÉANT participating NREN
What is in it for the home NRENs?
If you are a NREN, TIM helps you strengthens collaboration across Europe with other NRENs in developing new T&I products and services. It is also an opportunity to foster local T&I expertise, learn from experienced SME’s and expand the portfolio of services. In addition it may strengthen relationships with your institutions as well as identifying promising young talents to join the NREN world. To participate we expect the NREN to:
- be a member of GÉANT 4-3 Project
- be willing to facilitate and administer a paid internship based on the local HR/ legal requirements
- be willing to mentor participants locally (for example, be a sounding board to the experience, provide a working space, introduce to the home NREN and NREN world in general)
- Have a mentor with an availability to support your participant in TIM with a workload of 0.5 to 1 day per week based on a 6-month cycle
What is the role of GLAD?
GÉANT Learning and Development team (GLAD) is passionate about building, diversifying and strengthening capabilities of European NREN community. With the help of TIM, we hope to disseminate and build T&I competencies across Europe to build the workforce of the future.
In course of TIM programme, GLAD is committed to deliver the following skills to the TIM participants and mentors:
- mentorship skills
- public speaking skills
- agile software development/ SCRUM training
Visit https://wiki.geant.org/display/GIG/TIM+Programme for the application and selection process, frequently asked questions and download of promotional materials.
Students appointed to 3rd TIM Programme
March, 2021- GLAD online
Experiences from the first T&I Incubator Mentorship (TIM) programme
Nov, 2020- Connect online
GÉANT internships through TIM (Trust and Identity Mentorship) Programme
April 10, 2020, GLAD website
Let’s talk about the Trust & Identity Mentorship Programme
30th Aug 2019, CONNECT online
Brighten the future of Trust & Identity
21st June 2019, CONNECT online