December 9, 2019
- Duration: 1 year’s access to the training material
- Pre-Requisites: There are no mandatory pre-requisites
- Delivery Method: E-Learning
The e-Learning course is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables you to understand a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System. What’s the difference between ITIL v3 and ITIL 4? In a nutshell, ITIL v3 describes Service Management around 26 processes and functions that are part of a continuous process of 5 life cycles: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. All of the v3 body of knowledge is still very worthwhile and relevant!
ITIL 4 takes you through a more evolved view of a Service Value System, which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
At the end the course, you will have an understanding of the following:
- High level overview of ITIL v3’s 5-step Lifecycle model and how the current 26 processes and functions map to the new ITIL 4 model
- The seven Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new Service Value Chain
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a focus on 18 of these
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organisational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value
Who should attend?
The ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course is designed for anyone working in IT looking for IT Service Management education and an understanding of how to provide business value. Also, anyone who is looking to upgrade their ITIL v3 certification and knowledge.
Exam & Certification
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled and completed online and is administered by an independent examination body.
- A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- You will attain 18 professional development units for Project Managers
ITIL 4 Certification Program
This Foundation level course is the first course to be introduced by AXELOS in the new ITIL 4 certification scheme. The Foundation course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels.
Fund your learning through GN4.3
e-Learning vouchers are available through GN4.3 Project (WP1-T5) subject to project funding rules at Fund your learning through GN4.3.
Register below to start your e-learning directly or contact GLAD for more information.