GITLab and GITLab CI
September 21, 2021 to September 22, 2021
09:00 / 16:00
Classroom, virtual 2-days
GN4-3 WP9 -Task 2: Software Governance & Support
GitLab is a software application for managing the software development lifecycle. Its main features include project management, source code management, continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD), monitoring and security. This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to set up and use Gitlab for version control and continuous integration. By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Gitlab.
- Understand how to implement an alternative to Github.
- Use Gitlab to manage a DevOps lifecycle.
- Use Gitlab for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Efficiently develop, release and test software using Gitlab.
Format of the course
Interactive lecture and discussion.
Lots of exercises and practice.
Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment
- A general understanding of version control systems.
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Introducing GitLab
- Understanding core system components
- GitLab CI
- Pipeline and jobs
- Installing GitLab from Docker
- Configuring GitLab with Web UI
- Learn how to configure system hooks, secure GitLab installation, global user seƫngs, merge requests diffs external storage etc.
- Integrating GitLab with CI/CD Tools
- Using JIRA with GitLab
- Connecting Jenkins to GitLab
- Seƫting Up Your Project for GitLab Continuous Integration
- Monitoring CI Metrics.
Participation by invitation only.
This training is primarily open to GÉANT WP9-Task 2 members.
Max 8 participants.
Contact: Marcin Wolski firstname.lastname@example.org